Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Things Go Awry

So this one time, about a month and a half ago, I had what I thought was a brilliant idea: to go hiking on Mother's Day and collect a bouquet of wild flowers, then photograph the bouquet and send the pictures to my mom. I know nothing really compares to actually spending the day with your mom on Mother's Day, but I dreamed up the gesture and spontaneously decided to act on it. However, instead of achieving my goals and heading home with a smile on my face and a warmed heart in my chest, I fell while trying to scale a rock wall in Raccoon Creek State Park and tumbled 20 feet down a rocky hill side, tearing up my arms and legs in thorn bushes and piles of gravelly rock. So much for gestures.

Before my dramatic and bloody fall, however, I did manage to snap some good wild flower pictures. I never posted them anywhere except on Webshots, and knowing how few people actually look at the albums posted there, I thought I'd take this blog-ortunity to share these pretty little pictures.

And just so you all know -- I'm fully healed from the adventurous tumble.