Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, October 22, 2007

Fotos (episodio 3)

...in which I appear in the local paper, and behold, the boy smiles...






Every week, the paper prints a page about stuff that happened over the weekend. It's sort of a "Happening in Tehuacan". Two weeks ago, we ran into this well known reporter at our favorite bar/club, Dharma. Well, he had his camera, but we thought there wasn't a chance that the pictures he took would end up anywhere but on his laptop. We were wrong. Check out the bottom, right corner.












A close up. (Right to Left: Me, David, Estefano, and Andrea). Note that the caption reads The "Horse" accompanied by his friends. David is "el caballo." Back in the day, he had really long hair and his ponytail earned him a nickname that stuck. So he gets in the paper with his nickname, while the rest of us are nothing but "companions." However, I really shouldn't complain seeing as I look like a prom date while 'Fano and Andi look like sloppy drunks. So it goes...















We had a party last weekend at David's family's empty house. We made a campfire and camped out in the yard and everything. Here are a bunch of people being ridiculous. I enjoy that. (Left to Right: Oswaldo, some guy, Luis, another Luis, Pepe, and David).







David and his bud Luis (and me). Luis is in love with Mary (see previously posted picture of us being in love with our hot chocolate). Unfortunately for Luis, Mary is seeing someone. Fortunately for Luis, most of the time "being in love" in Tehuacan means thinking someone is goodlooking and not an idiot.








David, Pepe, and me. I heart Pepe. He and David have been friends since elementary school. See how the Mexicans don't smile?













Wait, what is that? Is it the beginning of a smile? ...
VICTORY!











Some random notes. I watched games 4-7 of the ALCS. Go Sawx. Those last two games were particularly satisfying since David's family was rooting for the Indians, and they implied they know more about baseball than I do. Oh, silly fools. Now they know better... Despite my great joy over the Mediorojos victory last night, there is a black cloud in my heart. Losing to the freaking Broncos by 3 points with 2 seconds remaining in the game is NOT how I imagined the triumphant return of the of-injured Ward and Polamalu. But the world keeps turning....
I am running out of Mexican things to talk about, so email me at smallwonderblog@gmail.com, and let me know what you want to know. I'd love to do a mailbag, but like I said -- I don't have anything to write about.