Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ode To Summer!

Day to day, night to night
That's how we live and we're all right
We walk around this town like we own the streets
And stay awake through summer like we own the heat
We live on front porches and swing life away
Love and trust and shows all summer
Life's better lived in smaller lengths of time
Paycheck to dollar night

May I never lose my youth, and if I do may I be forgettable.
Getting older only makes it harder to remember
Let this demon in -- he'll only remind you
We are our only saviors

I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of the places that we will go
I will never lose my youth.
All of this is too unforgettable
We're gonna build something this summer

Props to The Copyrights (Kids of the Black Hole), Brand New (Soco Amaretto Lime), Rise Against (Swing Life Away), The Hold Steady (Constructive Summer), and Set Your Goals (The Fallen).