Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dedicated to "The Program" (and its associates)

It's graduation week at SFU, and oh how I wish I could be there! In honor of the pomp and circumstance, I've decided to subject you all to a brief recapitulation of my wonderful year in Vancouver... in haiku form. I apologize in advance.

Vancouver, Part I

Start each day with tea
Fill up reusable cup
Class always starts late

Read, read, read, read, read
Read, read, read, read, read, read, read
Read, read, read, read, read

Talk a walk or ride
Go down to the Drive real quick
Drown stress in beer mug

Vancouver, Part II

This term is not bad
I can read while sleeping
Okay, maybe not

Where did the time go?
Four books to read each weekend
Crap! School is still hard

Falling behind, but
Last semester I learned how
To fake it when lost

Vancouver, Part III

What is in the sky?
UFO? No, it's the sun
Let's go climb The Chief

Sitting in the sand
Gaze at the mountains each day
Write, write, write, write, write

My paper is done!
Time to finally relax
Goodbyes already?

I learned lots of things in grad school, but the biggest Vancouver lesson was this: time flies when you're working your butt off.

** vancity love **