Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Talk about renewable energy...

U.S. scientists have developed a microfiber fabric that generates its own electricity. In the future, it could be used in everyday clothing, enabling the wearer to charge iPods and cell phones using the natural motion of everyday activities.
more...

Also of interest -- a team of scientists from the University of Michigan, Simon Fraser University, and the University of Pittsburgh worked together to develop a battery charger that uses the motion of walking to generate electricity.
more...
I think it's great that both Pitt and SFU were both involved in this effort. Now I just need to find an excuse to study at Michigan...

By the way, I can't wait to sell my battery-charging services as I continue to walk my way across the world's smallest nations. (You can check the first one off the list.)